The Invasion of the U.K. music artists

I'm not sure how the radio stations are in other parts in the States, but here in Michigan one particular station play the same artists and and songs on constant repeat. Don't get me wrong, I like quite a few of the songs but you can only hear the same songs in one day or week so many times before it lose its appeal. During my search for new music via internet, magazines, radio et cetera, I found two artist from where else, the UK. I'm not sure if the U.S. has a thing for London artist, but lately I have been coming across a lot of musicians from across the pond. The two artists that will be reviewed are Plan B and Eliza Doolittle.

Plan B from Forest Gate, London is a rapper/singer. His latest album The Defamation of Strickland Banks features his singing chops. The track Free, is reminiscent of the 1950's music which makes you think of him as a male version of Amy Winehouse. Another track Stay Too Long is a bit more rock which is reminiscent of Lenny Kravitz. Last track I will mention is Prayin'. I don't really have a comparison for this one but the lyrics are really good. I have included these three to my Grooveshark account. I don't want to mention anymore tracks so I don't make you bias to my favorites. Overall I would rate the album 4 out of 5.


Eliza Doolittle who from Camden Town, North London is a pop/soul singer. Her self-titled album Eliza Doolittle sounds a bit like Amy Winehouse and VV Brown. One track that didn't sound too sugary was So High. I was able to concentrate more on her voice and the lyrics than the music compared to earlier tracks. A Smokey Room is another track worth listening to. My favorite is the final track Running For Life. It's more towards her pop side and the music will get you moving compared to other tracks. I would rate this album 3 out of 5.


This is the latest edition for music reviews until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts